Monday, May 2, 2011

Boo!

Did I scare you? No? Yeah, I never was good at scaring people. Maybe because I don't like being scared myself. Maybe I think it is cruel to scare people on purpose. Maybe. For this reason, Halloween has always been kind of tricky to me (get it, tricky? Yes, even I groaned at that one.) See, I love to dress up in costumes, become someone I am not just for a night, but I don't like the scary stuff that generally goes with the holiday. Instead, I prefer to become lovable characters, be it fictional or non, just to live in their shoes for a while.

I decided (and thankfully Craig went along with it) that we wouldn't have scary Halloweens in our house. Halloween would be a fun time of dress-up. No ghosts or goblins. No Jason or scary clowns. Nope. Disney, animals and history would prevail. Wow, that sounds fun. Really it is, however nerdy that last sentence came out.

2010 was Canon's first Halloween. We took him to a small pumpkin patch by his daycare for fall pictures, and he had a blast. Of course, when the actual holiday rolled around, he was the CUTEST mouse that has ever graced the surface of this planet! (I am not biased, I swear.)

What do you guys think of Halloween - do you like scary or no?







Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment