Monday, May 2, 2011

I Finally Got It!

My husband and I share a few traditions that we have started on our own. Those are extra special. One of them is going to Bellingrath Gardens in Mobile, AL every year to see the Christmas lights display. We went there on our first date, we were engaged there a year later, and we have made it a point to visit every year since. 2010 was a special year for visiting since it was Canon's first time going. We were so excited to go with my best friend, Paige, her husband, Brad and our sweet 'niece' Stella. Ok, so maybe 9 and 10 month olds aren't as amazed by the lights as we thought they would be, but at least the grown ups had fun. (Fun side note: Paige and Brad were engaged at Bellingrath also - several years before us!)

Anyway, I was super stoked (really?! did I just 'say' that?!) to go and practice what I had learned over the past year with my camera. I had been trying to take pictures of the swans on the lake FOR-E-VER! This was to be my shining moment or my embarrassing let down. How did it go? Well, they aren't perfect, but I am pretty proud of myself. Given the lighting situation (as in, there is none, aside from the actual Christmas lights), I think I did ok.

Here are our sweet babies...





Paige and Brad in the same spot where they were engaged years earlier!



 

And now for the scenery!





























 



And here is the elusive swan...





 

I finally got it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment