Monday, May 2, 2011

Mt. Cheaha 2009

Craig and I love to take trips. Craig loves to hike and camp. I had never done anything like that, but I felt it was time to step out of my comfort zone - a little. We decided to visit Mt. Cheaha, the highest peak in Alabama. My grandparents have gone there every year for as long as I can remember and always talk about how beautiful and peaceful it is. It did NOT disappoint.

I had just gotten my Canon 40D, so this trip was a way for me to get to know the camera and practice my shooting. There were so many picturesque moments that I didn't know what to do with myself! I did try to catch the essence of this place, though I came up very short. My pictures just don't do it justice!

Here is the pathway leading to our cabin.



 

The stairs in the tower, which boasts the highest altitude in the state of Alabama.



 

Along one of the hiking trails...





 

Down by the small lake...









 

There was definitely not a shortage of scenery. From beautiful grasses swaying in the wind...



...to remnants of winter on the small waterfalls...



 

...to strategically placed chairs that cast a great shadow. (No, I did not put the chair there for this picture)



Of course, the "rocky outcroppings" were everywhere. (Sorry, Craig and I make fun of the term "rocky outcroppings" so it had to make it's way into this post.)



 

Last but certainly not least, here is my handsome man, sitting on Pulpit Rock.



 

We are headed back to Mt. Cheaha in just a couple of months and I hope to see the difference in the quality of pictures from 2009 to 2011. As for the area, we highly recommend it to anyone who loves to relax and enjoy fresh air.

 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment